The Bumblebee and the Vespa 2014

I think it's time for me to redefine what this new blog is about. In the past I've posted individual blogs for motorcycle/motor scooter rides to places like Alaska, Nova Scotia, Key West, Mexico, Canada, New York, etc. That's all well and good but it seems nowadays I'm dividing my rides into shorter ones comprised of two or more weeks each on different bikes. The total time and mileage is about the same, it's just split into multiple rides with a break somewhere in the middle.

The summer of 2014 serves as a good example of that wherein I rode south to Tombstone, AZ on my '92 BMW R100GS Bumblebee/Ural sidecar rig, (phew!) then returned home for a few days and set out again on my '07 Vespa 250ie motor scooter to visit Canada. That summer has gone and the seasons have changed as will the reports, some will be about shorter rides, some will be about maintenance, and maybe on occasion I'll post a photo or two just for interest. I may even introduce other bikes, a few of which are lurking under cover in the barn...

Navigating this blog is easy, just scroll down the list of posts by date to whatever interests you, click on it and you're in. Photos can be viewed in larger format by clicking on them.

Finally, if you'd care to post comments please do so, I'd love to hear from you. CLICK ON "NO COMMENTS" TO ENTER YOUR REMARKS. That seems really silly but that's how it works. The entry window is located at the bottom of each screen. Thanks for visiting, I hope you enjoy your stay.

LL

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Jul 14 - Day 12 2015 Tour - White Fish, MT

Tonight's post may have to be short & sweet; the Internet connection seems to be on a par with dial-up. I'll post pics if it doesn't take forever, otherwise this may be all you'll get. I followed a westerly route stopping at roadside signs, some of which were cool to read while others had limited interest - unless geology is your deal.



Big Sky country indeed
 Check out the tin ceiling tiles they refaced the entire wall with. Collectors must go nuts when the see it.

The Cowboy Bar in Dodson would be my personal watering hole if I lived nearby. Sadly it's kaput.
This was the best sign I can recall ever finding. I know guys who'd pay serious money for it.
 Dodson, Montana, home of the coolest sign in the world. Who'da thunk it?
 A Canadian couple screeched their tires getting their car stopped so they could take pics of it.
 Remember when I said I'd buy a roll of Gorilla Tape to fix the sidecar's cover? It seems to be holding.

If it had been a little later in the day I'd have knocked on the door to see if these people are still open for biz. I mean, how cool would it be to tell your buds you stayed at the Motel Galata way out in the sticker bushes.

 On the other hand what if it was like The Bates Motel...What if Chuck Connors was the host...Ewww....
My route took me through parts of Glacier Park and I got to hang out with the local buffaloes Actually they
kinda moved off when I advanced towards them. Odd thing that, sorta unfriendly-like. .

This part of Glacier Park is less traveled than the eastern approach and for me, I liked it better. 
 My final shot was of one of the rafts floating the rapids. There were several outfits working the rafting business and each one uses a different color for their rafts. All of them looked pretty crowded and I couldn't help wondering if they liked it; I don't think I would but there was a lot of screaming going on. Now that I think about it I can scream pretty good.


This damn ISP is driving me nuts so I'm about ready to quit. I'm staying in White Fish, MT tonight, got rained on pretty hard just as I arrived so I dripped water all over their pretty carpet in the reception area. Sorry folks, just couldn't help myself.. The room's nice albeit a bit on the expensive side. Dinner was another left over sandwich, chips, & Gatorade. Yum. After that I walked to the nearby Safeway and bought more green gargle, wouldn't want my electrolytes to run low. Today's mileage - 215 I think.

Anyway that's it for tonight, imagine that sound Porky Pig makes and it will be my close-out.
Ba-deep-ba-deep-ba-deep, that's all folks.

LL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments & feedback [unless you're with the spelling police]