The Bumblebee and the Vespa 2014

I think it's time for me to redefine what this new blog is about. In the past I've posted individual blogs for motorcycle/motor scooter rides to places like Alaska, Nova Scotia, Key West, Mexico, Canada, New York, etc. That's all well and good but it seems nowadays I'm dividing my rides into shorter ones comprised of two or more weeks each on different bikes. The total time and mileage is about the same, it's just split into multiple rides with a break somewhere in the middle.

The summer of 2014 serves as a good example of that wherein I rode south to Tombstone, AZ on my '92 BMW R100GS Bumblebee/Ural sidecar rig, (phew!) then returned home for a few days and set out again on my '07 Vespa 250ie motor scooter to visit Canada. That summer has gone and the seasons have changed as will the reports, some will be about shorter rides, some will be about maintenance, and maybe on occasion I'll post a photo or two just for interest. I may even introduce other bikes, a few of which are lurking under cover in the barn...

Navigating this blog is easy, just scroll down the list of posts by date to whatever interests you, click on it and you're in. Photos can be viewed in larger format by clicking on them.

Finally, if you'd care to post comments please do so, I'd love to hear from you. CLICK ON "NO COMMENTS" TO ENTER YOUR REMARKS. That seems really silly but that's how it works. The entry window is located at the bottom of each screen. Thanks for visiting, I hope you enjoy your stay.

LL

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Jul 16 - At Home Changing rides

What the heck, I've been home for 10 whole days so it seems like now is a good time to get back on the road. The Bumblebee is resting quietly in the barn so I'm switching rides to my Vespa GTS 250 motor scooter. I've owned it for a couple of years but I've never really been anywhere on it other than Eugene and that's not very far.

Sure is RED isn't it? Looks like it might be fun to chase...
This time I'm heading north on US 101, figure maybe I'll touch base with a couple of buds, stop for pics, ride real slow. Maybe follow the line of RVs that parade by our house daily just to see where they're going. I don't think I'll take any camping gear this time, somehow that's lost its appeal for the moment.

I've done a few mods to the scooter since I bought it; added the bicycle panniers and windshield plus the front carrier rack for my spare gas jug. Also installed the Garmin Zumo 550 GPS so I'll never ever get lost. Right. That reminds me, I need to pack my AAA road maps too, never know when the Garmin person will get cute and send me down the mystery road.

Does this trunk make my butt look fat?








Odometer's reset, looks like there's a little gas left so I'm good to go.
I'll be leaving tomorrow morning early, still have some packing to do plus I need to check the tire pressure front & rear.

Anyhoo I think that does it for today. Adios...

LL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments & feedback [unless you're with the spelling police]